Irritable Male Syndrome

Monday, March 21, 2005

I was standing upstairs at First-Ave, Interpol on the main stage boring me just enough to forget about spending limits, when I thought I'd have a little fun with the prevous night's booty-caller. Out come the text-messages.

Me:"So, can I expect another 2:30 am message tonight?"

I didn't care if she really was planning on texting me while drunk again, nor was I all that interested in having her come over. I was bored while watching a band that I wasn't into. A few minutes later, I got my answer.

"On."

Things just got a bit more interesting. She's telling me "game on", so that means I can expect someone occupying my bed other than myself. Sweet.

I decided to get cute.

"I have no idea what that means.", I replied.

Of course I knew what "on" meant. I'm not stupid. "On" meant that she was planning on stopping by after she was sloppy drunk to have relations that she sure in the hell wouldn't remember. Hey, we've all been there, right? Of course we have, more than likely together.

The next response I got was entirely unexpected.

"I'm staying in, so on, I won't be texting you."

Unless you're a moron, you can see the problem here. I even underlined it for knuckle-dragging droolers reading this. She can't spell "no". I know for a fact she couldn't say "no" but not being able to spell it is a new one to me.

Being the quick-witted, off-the-cuff guy that I am, I waited 10 minutes to send back the perfect response. Even now, 24 hours later, I can't get over how perfect of a text-message it was.

"On is not the same thing as NO. Where did you learn how to proof-read? Dyslexia University?"

Sometimes even I find myself funny.

Ok, so it wasn't that great. But, wouldn't you think something as important as shooting a guy down requires a little more in the way of a glance-over before sending? I sure do.

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Don't you love people sometimes?
Just wanted to say I'm enjoying reading your blog!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Amy-

Can I ask how you came across my blog? Just curious.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Some women just can't take on for an answer. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home