Irritable Male Syndrome

Thursday, January 11, 2007

You can tell your building is soundproof when something like this happens, and you don't hear so much as the hint of a siren. My apartment overlooks this intersection that's less than 100' away, so you'd think a commotion that this sort of accident would produce would be heard. Nope, not even a tire screech.

The thing that creeps me out is that I was walking down LaSalle after work at 1am, and I could easily see how this sort of thing would happen. The cab driver, I'm sure, thought that since it was 2am he could speed down LaSalle because there was nobody out. And the pedestrian could've been drinking(just speculation on my part because, really, who else is out at 2am?) and either didn't look at all, or couldn't see the car approaching because of all the other cars parked along the street.

Either way--yuck-o. I noticed weird orange paint markings on LaSalle this morning, but I thought it had something to do with the parking situation. Silly me, livin' in the city.

***************************************************

The Girl and I were planning on going on a quick vacation in the next few months, but it looks like that might have to wait a bit. Turns out that a few of her favorite musicians, musicians that rarely play shows, just happen to be playing shows in the next few months; Patty Griffin in Chicago and Dispatch in NYC.

That's fine with me. If she was cancelling our plans to see someone like, say, Kid Rock, I may have to end her. Luckily, though, it's two bands that she really loves and doesn't get to see often. So, she gets to see two shows that she's absolutely giddy to see, and I get to avoid being a sweet, white bottom boy to an inmate named Cletus(again), which is surely what would happen if I were to have to kill her.

That's a win-win in my book.

So, to keep me company while she's gone, I've decided to splurge and buy an XBox 360. I want a Wii, but they're nigh near impossible to track down and I'm impatient,

When I told her that I was planning on buying one, I tried to justify it to her--and me a little bit--that it was either buy the Xbox 360 and play video games with my nerdy friends over the internet, or track down Gummy the Lush from Market BBQ a few months back to keep me company. Of course, she called my bluff and said that she was ok with me hanging out with a whore as long as I got my shots. But, a tetanus shot hurts, yo.

I've been teeter-tottering on whether I really needed a 360 or not, but after learning that Guitar Hero II is coming out for the console in a few months, we both needed no further prodding. It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home