Irritable Male Syndrome

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I read this article and the only reaction I can muster is: Big fucking deal.

What does giving him the death penalty really do--for anyone? It's not like killing him or letting him sit on Death Row reverses what happened. When he's dead, the family isn't going to miraculously say; oh, now that he's gone, we can finally go on with our lives! It's about time!

Does the family ever get closure? I can't imagine how killing the man that murdered your daughter would make any of this easier to take.

If anything, this whole situation has made me question the purpose behind the death penalty. About the only thing I can think of is that it clears out that little corner of prison full of murderers and other evil-doers so that we aren't paying to keep them alive.

Does it do ultimately do much for the people that were hurt, or are still hurting? Fuck no.

The best way to describe my feelings right now is that I'm ambivalent. I think.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jeremy Bergo said...

Did you get the email about cards tonight? Are you ambivalent about that too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home